Welcome Karpagam College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, India to be the Conference Supporter!
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN ALGORITHMS (COEA)
Data structures and algorithms are a basic and very important part of contemporary computer science field. Its importance increases also by the rapid development of more powerful and faster computers. Solution to the problems can be described as algorithms that operate on a set of data. To construct a large program with a reasonable time and space consumption it is essential to have efficient solutions to the computational problem.
KCE-CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN ALGORITHMS (KCE-COEA) is interested in the theoretical and practical aspects of Computing Science. This group intends do research to find solution to algorithmic problems arising in a plethora of applications, intended for future. We have initiated KCE-COEA to cultivate competitive programming culture among the budding engineers.
The group has broad interests including
§ Data Structures: Focus on doing fundamental research in data structures which are used in many domains (Data Analytics, Compiler Design and Networks)
§ Distributed and Parallel algorithms: focus on parallel and distributed processing of Big Data using tools such as Hadoop and other cloud based parallel data processing frameworks. Application areas for these techniques include processing of large scale medicine and agricultural data sets.
§ Graph Theory and Visualization: Focus on research in Texture analysis and classification, Digital video analysis and explore all aspects of research into the theory and application of combinatorics and graph theory.
§ Machine Learning and Optimization algorithms- focus on developing novel machine learning algorithms and efficient optimization algorithms for solving big data problems.
§ Social Relevant Research: Focus on doing research projects in sectors of Agriculture, medicine environment, health, energy, defense, etc. These projects will contribute to the national development goals
Under KCE-COEA, several research articles have been published in refereed journals. Several workshops, seminars and programming contests has been organized with the support of funding agencies like ISRO and CSIR. The KCE-COEA is powered by the well-known organizations like CodeChef and Hubino. KCE-COEA is headed by Dr. S. Kannimuthu, Professor/CSE.
· To collaborate with the industry and scientific community in solving complex problems.
· To provide guidance to the students to take part in competitive programming contests.
· To support students / research scholars to do research in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Algorithms.
· To identify current and emerging research in the areas of Data Structures and Algorithms.
Students / Research Scholars / Faculty Members will be able to
· solve complex problems in Computer Science field by devising efficient algorithms.
· publish research articles in refereed journals.
· participate in competitive programming contests
· support industries and scientific community to solve problems related to contemporary fields.